We are currently seeking a Front Desk Medical Receptionist to join our team.
Front Desk Medical Receptionist
Our medical practice is looking for an energetic professional minded front desk receptionist who is able to thrive in a fast pace work environment.
- Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phone.
- Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette.
- Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including medical insurance, personal and financial information.
- Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and staff.
- Responds to inquiries by patients, prospective patients, and visitors in a courteous manner.
- Protects patient confidentiality, making sure protected health information is secured by following HIPPA guidelines.
- Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
- Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED).
- Knowledge of medical insurance, collecting payments, and HIPPA guidelines.
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast pace environment while maintaining professionalism and proper phone etiquette.
- Knowledge of general office procedures, including basic computer skills.
Experience and Skills:
Experience: Previous office administration or receptionist experience is preferred or a minimum of one year work experience in a medical office setting.
Skills: Telephone etiquette, customer service, basic word, and excel programs, time management, multi-tasking, organization, scheduling.
Job Type: Full-time
Please email your completed application to email@example.com
You will need the Adobe Reader to view and print these documents.